Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

domenica 29 luglio 2012

FROM ROUGH METAL TO HIGHLY POLISHED PLATE



I continue to prepare the etching plate which is now scratched on the surface and has sharp cutting edges.

First a metal file is used to round the corners and a scraper and burnisher are used to bevel the edges. If edges are too high and sharp the  paper will be torn during printing.
That done, with fine sandpaper and metal polish, the surface must be polished to a mirror-like finish.

DON'T forget to use gloves.  I love to dirty my hands while I work but this can really be messy at times.
  

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: