Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

lunedì 1 aprile 2013

Wiinter Doldrums




It's just Another Rainy Day!  I'm trying  very hard to pull myself up out of a fierce attack of winter doldrums - no energy. . . no inspiration . . . .no painting.  And,  NO sunshine,  NO warm, balmy, Spring days that would fill me with energy and new projects in a minute. I am so envious of all of my blogger friends who are able to produce a painting a day with success. (Without a doubt they  live in sunny parts of the world.) Or. . .is this just an excuse! ! !

What I have been doing though is thinking a lot. And. . .  preparing a little for the better days.  The first attempt at using cold wax as a medium is continuing (posted March 2 "Cold Wax") but I've realized that, as everyone has said, a hard backing is necessary in order to allow for scraping through the many layers of wax/color.  So I have prepared four small ( 9"x 9") canvas swatches, I've mounted them on cardboard and am, finally, starting to prepare them. The small size  helps. . .  there's less canvas to cover!

As you see in the photo I'm using oil paint sticks and dry pigments as well as tube paint and . . .of course, my homemade cold wax medium which is hidden in an old can of oatmeal. To spread mix and scrape there are spatulas of various sizes as well as other tools.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: