Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

giovedì 16 agosto 2012

ETRUSCAN DOUBLE FLUTE PLAYER


The first part of my project was mostly graphic.  The hotel needed a logo.Thank goodness for specialized programs offered by the computer world. By trial and error I made my way through it.

 During my research I discovered the amazing figure of a double flute player, part of an Etruscan wall fresco in a  small underground burial site, "Tomb of the Leopard"(480-470a.C.), in the acropolis of Tarquinia.

  He became my theme figure.

The double flute, called "auleta" in the Etruscan language, accompanied hunting ceremonies and religious rites and played an important role in the life of the Etruscans. They believed that the sound of this flute had a magical power over men and animals. The fresco has a festive theme.  There's a banquet, a convivial moment particularly sacred to the Etruscans.

The colors, yellow ochre, earth reds, blues and browns, are bright and luminous. The figures are "alive" with  rhythmic movement. . .  perfect for my logo.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: