Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

lunedì 8 ottobre 2018

Internazional Prize Stefano Uzzi - Florence.

Connections - Red - Shapes -1, oil and cold wax a panel 50x60 cm

I applied for acceptance in this competition last Dicember not really thinking I would ever be selected in the final group but here I am!! the show opens this Saturday and I am really thrilled.
 If you go back to my past posts RED.02/04/15  and Who's afraid... 31/05/14 you'll see that I did a series of paintings using the forms of the spinal column and the color red.  These are the paintings that I used in my application that asked for 5 fotos of my work.

The notice arrived a week ago and the the above foto was selected for the collective show along with the painting below which should be in the catalogue.
Connections-Red- Shapes 2 -50x50cm , oil and cold wax on panel


I say SHOULD because you never are really sure of these things! When I was notified and read the list of artists selected, my name was spelled sIlvia with an I the way Sylvia is spelled in Italy and I wasn't sure they were talking about ME.  Because, when I searched Silvia Teri on the web  I actually found 3 other silvia's. Not until I clarified things with the committee of judges could I believe they had chosen my work. There were 4 catagories : painting, photography,sculpture , and graphics. In each group 10 artists were selected and one of these 10 was winner.  I was "selected" and will partcipate in this group show.  The winner is awarded a personal show.
I brought the painting to the gallery this morning and am preparing for Saturday.
The show, by the way, will be held in "The Casa di Dante-Society of Fine Art" in Florence.

2 commenti:

Subscribe to this blog: