Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

sabato 18 agosto 2012

Playing With The Image


To start with, I inverted my flute player to the left so that the text could be placed to his right as if his flute was pointing to the message.


That done, I wanted to cancel the backgound decoration and simplify the lines in his cloak.


Then I started to play with the literally millions of  color combinations, visual effects, the fonts (assortment of letters, styles and sizes) that could all be combined.  I must haved tried millions of possible logos until. . .


. . .it became an obsession.

It was a jury of family and friends that made the final choice.

(I would have used them all!!!!!)

Transparent Room Numbers

stencil for figure


stencil for figure

The next part of the project was totally different. I wanted to get back to painting and a solution had to be found for the room numbers. I had been working with transparent material for  awhile, painting on glass, plastic and Plexiglas. So, I thought, why not paint my flute player on a transparent support of Plexiglas along side of each number? The spot light over each door would illuminate the figure as well as the number.

example of one room number
That's what I did. I used a small transparent rectangle, special paints for glass, also transparent, an airbrush, and stencils for the numbers and the figure. Some are vertical and some are horizontal but the figure for each room number is hand painted and each one is done in a different color and style.

Thank goodness the hotel has only 20 rooms! Otherwise,  either I would still be there finishing them or . . . would have gone stark raving mad!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: