Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

venerdì 17 agosto 2012

GREETING CARD - LAMP SHADE



First, my Etruscan flute player, reversed for convenience, was printed on a greeting card for the hotel, to be used as a souvenir of sorts.

The really great part about this card, however, is that parts are transparent so that, with a light blub behind, it functions also as a  shade for lamps used in the bedrooms and other parts of the hotel.

The card illuminated




The lamp with shade (Tellus Lighting Innovations)




Now came the hardest part. Though I have never had experience with graphic art, I decided to have a go at it using, as I said before, the programs that Internet and the computer offer.

It was frustrating. After working to create an image I would somehow lose it! Or, if I wanted to repeat the image using a different combination of colors or format, I couldn't remember the steps I had used to begin with. . .

 Did I say frustrating?  Incredible.  But I learned a lot and. . . had fun in the end!!!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: