Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

mercoledì 3 aprile 2013

April 3rd - "Tre Aprilante"

                                                
               
my beautiful flame red amaryllis
 
Today is the 3rd of April, a very important day in Italy (and for me), "Il Tre (3) Aprilante (April) Quaranta (40 days) Durante (long)" which means: whatever the weather is like on the third of April that's what will prevail for the next 40 days!!! The Italian version of Groundhog's Day I guess.
Whew!!! It's OK. That is, if it doesn't rain this evening we've left Winter behind us and Spring is on the way because we have had a lovely...sunny... day. (I couldn't bear even one more day of rain.) Even my prized Amaryllis decided to open up into full bloom today.





And, I have been working.  The photo on the left is the next state of the large work on canvas that was my first step  using cold wax. But, mounted as a normal canvas on wooden stretchers, I don't have a hard surface behind the wax/color to allow me to scrape and dig down to previous layers. Have to find a solution.

(See Post "Cold Wax")


These are three of the small (9x9") canvas swatches at stage 2




I'm not sure yet what I'm doing, just "feeling" my way with this new medium.  I love the transparency that it gives to color.  I'm learning about the accidental mixtures that happen along the way. I'm having fun just mixing and applying color.  It's opening a whole new way of approaching my work.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: