Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

venerdì 7 marzo 2014

A Revolution is in Progress


quick schetch for new work 1



 A Revolution is in Progress . . .








 There is a revolution going on in my head . . . in my work.

 At this point  I am at my third session of the mentoring program that I am following with Janice Mason Steeves, amazingly talented abstract painter and teacher.

     see link below


    http://janicemasonsteevesartwork.blogspot.it/                                                                                       
                                                                                                

quick schetch for new work 2


These schetches  were part of a preparation exercise. Quick work, playing with color and forms, working on drafts of architectural drawings, done for Janice, my mentor, in preparation for my 3rd session. They were the basis for my next paintings, 50cm x 70cm, still in the finishing  process.

Still in the finishing process. . . what I thought was finished for the third conversation was only a "brutta copia" as they say in Italy and means a "rough draft".   I am working at making amends. . .!!!

THEN. . . after discussing my work, Janice gave me a new homework assignment.  I was to do small excercises in value.
Black and white value schetches looking for the solutions in design, balance, working only with black and white. This has worked wonders for me and is coupled with the notions of limits . . .simplicity . . . balance.




my value studies



These value studies were fun to work on and became, slowly, revelations for me. The forms can be strictly geometrical or anatomical as mine are. Each square can hold  7 forms (or less). They, in turn, will be divided into various values . . . from the highest, white, to the lowest, black.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: