Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

mercoledì 16 aprile 2014

Digesting my Paintings and Moving On. . .

Connections - 50 x 70 cm  oil on paper

As usual. . . It  takes time for me to digest my paintings!

This last painting, published in the previous post, was missing something that I couldn't put my fingers on.  I
kept constant watch,  looking at it in every way possible,
from a distance, upside down, in black and white as Janice taught me. . .  Until. . . .finally it struck me that it lacked COLOR, strong color.. . . .It was grey and lacked contrast.

So I went to work.  I built up the colors.  Greens and violets that were vibrant and gave it more interest. Lights and darks that reinforced the structure.

And, Voilà.  That is:  Ecco!  Here  you have the last version.

(That is for now!X&zz)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: