Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

martedì 29 luglio 2014

Redoing, Moving On. . ..

Connections - Red   50x70 cm   oil, cold wax on paper mounted on panel


This is the first of the two panels I have been working on as I put my new studio space in order.

 During the first stages of my moving days, I only had time to keep looking at it, trying to analize what was bothering me in this painting. (see last intervention in post: Red. . .who's afraid. . .). Then it slowly came to me. It lacked an important ingredient,  contrast . . .and, clarity.  I'm afraid I get so wrapped up in colors while I paint that I lose interest in the image.


Connections -  Blue   50x70cm  oil, cold wax on paper mounted on  panel
 
 This is the other painting that I worked on.  Again I wasn't happy with it (  see earlier version in post: Digesting my paintings and moving on)). The same problem,  I was too interested in color and  not occupying myself with the forms and contrast.

 I stopped here with redoing because the transformation is an entirely new painting.  And that is what I'm about to do. . . a new painting. This time I'll try to remember eveything the first time around!!!!!!

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: