Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

martedì 11 settembre 2012

Beginning Again


Four years ago I was asked to take on a job that was far from home and far from my studio.

forms in a structural space
A job with a lot of responsiblity and very challenging, but it took me away from my painting, my printing . . . Now I'm back home, I am trying to begin again. First I joined an art association and have become active  in order to shake myself and to begin new work.

form in a structural space





 I'm not  happy with what I've done so far.  It's as if I'm afraid to mess something up.      But . . . that is exactly what I have to do. . .    

start messing up!

The oil paintings here are new, part of a recurrent theme of mine:

           "Measuring Space"


form in a  structrual space


Since I am primarily interested in the human
body, its forms and substance and I consider the

body a perfect structure with proportions,
measurements and weights, I confront the

structure of the human body with that of a civic building: muscle and bone, tissue and lymph vs.

cement and steel, plaster and glue. They are superimposed: the human form over technical drawings.




form in a structural space
(ink and gesso over a city map)
(framed by the iron rim of a wooden keg)
  








1 commento:

Subscribe to this blog: