Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

lunedì 5 novembre 2012

Down Memory Lane

 Working with watercolor during  these past few weeks has brought memories of my very first "real" show years ago (1991). I say "real" because it wasn't the usual end-of-year show for family and friends that normally closes an academic year. It was a show for the public and in a public place.

I was a student at "Art è", another private art school here in Florence, when our teacher proposed this show on behalf of a good friend, owner of a nursery that specialized in raising geraniums. 

She wanted to combine her show of plants with a show of paintings depicting geraniums and the show was to be held at the Botanical Institute of the University of Pavia in northern Italy.      To say the least we were all  eager to participate.
 
This was a beginning for me.  I had never measured my work in front of complete strangers before and was amazed at the reception  my work was given.

Here are examples of some of the paintings. Unfortunately the pictures are not all satisfactory but you get an idea of what I was doing at the time.















2 commenti:

  1. Ho visto dal vero alcuni di questi dipinti, mi piacciono perché sembrano delicati ma in realtà hanno una grande forza per come usi il colore.
    A quando la prossima mostra?!?

    RispondiElimina
  2. It has been a long time since I have seen paintings that tugged at my heart and senses...these are beautiful!

    RispondiElimina

Subscribe to this blog: