Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

domenica 6 ottobre 2013

Reasons Why. . . Why Print . . .Mono. . .?



 Reasons why I like to print . . . mono . . . .?
 
monotype-2000
   Many I suppose . . . mostly because it is spontaneous, unpredictable, quick to execute, . . . not a tragedy to destroy if unsuccesful but easily retouched to correct errors or add details if need be. And. . . because there are so many-many solutions. So many-many experimental approaches possible. So many surprises depending on the paper used, the viscosity of the ink, etc.etc.  and, did you know that Degas as well as Toulouse-Lautrec, Gauguin, Klee, etc. . .  and, of course, Picasso were masters of the monotype? Just to name a few and not even mentioning contemporary artists. Interesting to see their work and to follow their example.

 And. . .
 printing
is good for the moments of transition in my painting.  I'm enjoying these printing days.  I'm enjoying the feedom it gives me. And, I'll probably continue for awhile.




What's up in the courtyard greenhouse?



 As of Friday, October 4th,
my strelizia flower looked like
this. . .. . . . .. .  . . .slow but steady . . . .. .

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: