Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

lunedì 20 ottobre 2014

Feeling "at home" in my NEW studio


my painting space



About 4 months have gone by since I made the big move from the studio in the city to my studio at home.  I'm not settled in completely, but then there isn't any real hurry. My painting area is fine and I am working steadily every day.  There is no "schedule".  I paint when I have the time, whim, or urge.  Some days I start in the early morning forgetting about breakfast or brushing my teeth. Other days I just look, judge what I have done and think about what I'll do next. I know this isn't the best way to work but, for now, it suits me.  I knew that there would be challanges for me here at home,  a mixture of responsibilities to meet, things I like (gardening) and things I have to do (cooking and cleaning). But I am happy and enthusiastic.  I am even searching for new spaces to show my work and at the moment am in two shows,


Show at Gallery ART-ART, Impruneta

 
 one in the Gallery ART-ART in Impruneta that will close Nov. 1
and another, a juried show, in Arezzo that closes Oct. 26, this Sunday.

So, you see, I have been preparing these and am looking for other spaces in the future. The reason for showing my work is only to have a deadline, a date that I have to respect, a date when I have to produce a painting.
It spurrs me on, gives me a point to focus on.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: