Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

martedì 9 ottobre 2012

Watercolor experiments

6 1/2  x 6 1/2 inches
17 x 17 cm. 
More proofs with watercolor. I'm trying to do a small painting every day.

This color sketch was done on wet paper without a preliminary drawing starting from two or three large color spots that I let dry.(top right and center)
From there, studying the possible forms created,  I found my figure and created the structured space around him.  (measuring space)





 
 
top - drops of color, (red,green,yellow), intermingle on dry paper.

middle - wet color sprinkled with salt. salt lifts color leaving  texture.

bottom - wet paper. drops of primary colors and their compliments let mingle.







6 1/2 x 6 in
17 x 17 cm.

Again, beginning with spots of color, (terra umbra bruciata and ultramarine blue) left foreground, right hand corner and top center, I created my figures and constructed the space surrounding them. (measuring space)



1 commento:

  1. Wow, Sylvia, che fantastico uso delle forme e del colore. Quasi quasi mi viene voglia di ricamare sui tuoi acquerelli...

    RispondiElimina

Subscribe to this blog: