Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

domenica 18 agosto 2013

Finishing the Series

"Magenta" - 8"x8"- pigments oil, wax, gesso, nails on paper

"Russet" - 8" x 8"- pigments, oil, wax, gesso, nails, on paper

I finished the last two small works on paper using cold wax, oil paints, dry pigments, nails and gesso. Quite a mix of materials that have taught me a lot. The only problem are the  nails which, being heavier than the paper, have caused a buckeling that I hadn't anticipated.  Once framed or mounted that should disappear. NOW. I'm ready to get back into the studio to start working with other materials and techniques.  An idea to do  monotypes has been gnawing at me for a while so that's what I want to tackle. I will still use cold wax to see how that perfoms under the press.  Should be just fine. Will let you know.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: