Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

martedì 21 gennaio 2014

HOMEWORK FINISHED ! ! !

Preperatory sketches for my new project
While I waited for the holidays to end and to begin the new project with my mentor, I did some preliminary sketches to get me into the idea of what to do. Fast drawings, doodles really, that I wasn't necessarily faithful to. My homework assignment was to focus on an idea,  to choose a medium and a style that would then become a Series of 5 related paintings.

I chose to continue my theme of the human figure, its internal shapes, in combination with technical and architectural drawings. I strongly feel that the figure and architecture are inter-connected. We dwell within archtectural structures  giving them life and breath. We are in symbiosis.

I put my canvases on a flat surface where I could easily move around them and work on each simultaniously. My idea was also to hang them vertically but not in one direct line.  They would be off-center. Therefore, each canvas has straight lines (architectural) that intersect the image (anatomical) but only one of these lines is directly connected to the canvas below which is off center.


This is the scheme for the order of the 5 canvases


The next session with my mentor is on Thursday, the day after tomorrow.  I am anxious to talk to her and hear her comments on my work which I will then post!




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: