Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

martedì 24 dicembre 2013

Wishes for a very happy Christmas!

Sorry if I've been absent of late. But I have been working and I wanted to send my wishes to all for a very happy Christmas with this card.  I finished printing just last week after putting the finishing touches on the etching. You may remember this from a previous post (The First Print - 8/8/12) but I took it a few steps forward by reinforcing the darks and bringing out the lights.  Much more contrast now.

STEPS IN PRINTING:

1.wetting the paper
2. removing excess water

3. preparing the ink
4. cleaning the plate before inking
5.registering the plate on a dummy
These are the fundamental steps neccessary before a print is pulled.
 The final print is then dried flat between absorbant cardboard and protected with a small piece of tissue paper so that the wet ink doesn't smudge.





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: