Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

sabato 18 maggio 2013

The Offering



The Offering

The Offering       9 1/2" x  7 1/2"      cold wax, oil, on canvas

An artist blogger that I follow wrote once that her experience in painting is not all the "joy" and "delight" that most painters describe when talking about their work. Instead it can be very difficult, a struggle from start to finish.

This is how it was for me working on this fourth and last of my cold wax series.  I was on the brink of throwing it in the garbage pail. I had turned it around, upside down, changed color pattern. . . everything!  But nothing worked, absolutely NOTHING!! Until, looking at it for the last time, on the floor (I often put my work on the floor where I can see it from another view point or where it is ready to be chucked!), I began to see new possibilities.

There it is, "The Offering" .  I don't  even have, usually, an immediate inspiration for a title.  But it just came with this one. As I think more about it, it's the perfect title for this difficult piece and my struggle.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: