Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

martedì 10 settembre 2013

New Plates, New Names

Just want to show you some  steps in printmaking that are essential. Below is the photo of my stack of absorbant cardboard. After my  print is made, since the paper is still damp, I place it between these cardboard sheets until drying is complete. Otherwise the paper will curl up. The print has to be protected by tissue paper until the ink has completely dried.


This is the register as I've explained.  It is the tracing of one or more plates that are in use at the moment.
Drawn on a sheet of paper the same size as my final print, measuring carefully to find the center, the plate is quickly placed withinin the boundaries for easy printing.


Below is the next plate that I will be using.  It is still made of Plexiglass but you will note that I have partially covered some areas with strips of masking tape. Disregard the color that you see, that's just old ink that is on the back of the plate.  This plate will be inked and printed as I have done before but, because the tape is not removable,
the print takes on a new name.

detail of tape on new plate
tape covers new plate









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: