Welcome to my Blog.

Translate my Posts easily.

Welcome to my blog.

I'll be posting thoughts, photos, happenings, and other art
related information from time to time.


If English is not your most comfortable language please use
the Google translator on the right for fast translation of my Posts.

Thank you.

venerdì 6 settembre 2013

Printing - Day #2






plate and print  still on the press
    
plate inked
                                                           
 
printed image #1

plate #2 and  print still on the press




final printing #2

 Today things went much better. All the preliminaries were done the other day so today I concentrated on printing. The inks were still usable because I had covered them carefully after the last session. I cover with a spray of water and then lay some Saran Wrap on top.  This works for a couple of days anyway. I adjusted the pressure on the press to make sure that there wouldn't be any more creasing of paper or squishing of ink.

 I also made double sure that there were no globs of ink that would spread under the press and tried to be as neat and clean as possible. Printing is a messey, messey job so you either like it or you don't. I have always loved to get my hands into all that guoopy paint so I rely on a pair of  good gloves muster up some  patience and hope that the result will be a clean image.

I did do a little experimenting today. By pouring and spraying turpentine on my inked plate I achieved effects close to watercolor washes.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Subscribe to this blog: